Kara in Egypt

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Christmas Eve, Christmas and most of Boxing Day I joined a wonderful Canadian family in Cairo, the R-Bs. It was great to be with a welcoming and fun family, and to celebrate with them. My family called, and we all agreed we could look forward to Christmas together next year. Seems they let many of our traditions slip this year. We had a mock Christmas dinner before I left in August, so needless to say they rubbed in the fact that I wasn’t having any cheesecake this Christmas! No sympathy there. Christmas morning held some wonderful surprises under the tree from the R-Bs, and a phone call from my office in Aswan that a package had arrived for me from Canada. My parents got the timing just right – little did they know that the package they sent in September would end up arriving on Christmas Day. Better late than never I suppose. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home