Traveling Friends
Last night(that was many nights ago now) I met up with a Columbian woman I met on the train from Cairo to Aswan/Luxor a few weeks ago, and a Spanish couple she met after that while traveling. It’s amazing how quickly friendships begin amongst travelers. Seems we often seek refuge with others who are perceived as ‘foreign’ in unfamiliar territory. It was nice to have some company and conversation as some of these nights can be lonely and long. Jordie and Christina are on their last leg of a trip around the world. They have been traveling for the past ten months, and have many stories to tell. Patricia has been traveling for the past month or two. She began in Turkey I believe and is finishing her trip in Egypt. It’s amazing the different lives people lead. It turns out Patricia’s brother and sister-in-law have a gelato shop in Toronto – Solferino’s on Wellington St E, near Church St. if anyone’s in the area. It’s supposed to have delicious South American inspired flavours.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home