More Holidays
I was joined one of my co-workers, Mohamed, to celebrate the first day of the Muslim Eid/Feast al-Adha (aka Eid al-Kebir or Great Feast) with him, his wife, Marwa, 2 ½ year old son, Omar (aka Hercules!), and their extended family – always a big gathering. I joined them for dinner once before during Ramadan and was happy to see everyone again. My facial muscles certainly do get a workout with all the smiling! (I guess it’s a positive sign that we’re smiling.)
We, Mohamed’s cousin, parents and me, arrived at Mohamed’s family flat around 11am, just after a neighbour’s family had . . .have to be careful with wording here. . .cut the throat of their sheep to mark the beginning of the Eid. (The Eid al-Adha marks the beginning of the hajj, the pilgrimage to Mecca, which all able Muslims are expected to make at least once during their lifetime and is a pillar of their faith. On the first day of this feast families who can afford to slaughter a sheep as a symbol of their dedication to God. This tradition stems from the story in which Abraham sacrifices a sheep instead of his son. This is how friends here have explained it. If you have anything to add or correct please post a comment or send an email).
I hoped to make it home before dinner (aka supper) time to have time to pack for my trip the next day, although I believe I knew that wouldn’t happen from the beginning. We spent the day laughing and attempting conversations, watching movies, eating. . .oh my, did we eat. . . lunch and dinner. I tried the traditional lamb dish that most/all Muslims eat on the first day of the feast and had more traditional Egyptian cuisine. We talked about Canada, and I learned more about the Islamic culture and faith. It was a great day. . . that wound down sometime around 9pm, 10 hours after it began. Too bad I forgot my camera. The last time I was there my camera wasn’t working. Perhaps I’ll have to visit once more to get a picture to post!

2 Comments:
What a great site mature coloring pages serta suite dreams mattress virginia and lottery Mindy sex slave on mars gallery effexor withdrawal nightmares fitness magazine mind body & spirit mature pussey http://www.dvd-player-review-4.info/Harman_kardon_dvd_player.html Fat woman skinny man sex videoes moilly mature Cisco service contract celebetry cruise line grandma shows mature gratis extreme dikkevrouwen sexfilms Mesh see through bikinis Laser printers and plotters Hot and horny milfs
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.sarasota-laser-tooth-whitening.info/Taxi-wheelchair-accessible.html Does my auto insurance cover car rental Personal warm mist humidifier wi bnr cm1u 2000 dodge neon online manual download free mcse Parts for honda 250 recon benefits of teenage antidepressant use Hotel+management+training Merchant account programs reseller Soundstrem car speakers Mature orgasm video swimwear aston martin geschftsfhrer Lipitor warning
Post a Comment
<< Home