Kara in Egypt

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Camp Days

It’s hard to believe, but on the 1st and 2nd of February as the Maritimes were being pounded by snow and wind I was getting a sunburn during a two-day day-camp we held with our working children’s group and the Girl Guides of Egypt. Okay, now that I’ve alienated many readers with talk of the warm weather here during the cold winter in Canada I should say that I’m not complaining, and if it helps I don’t have any aloe vera here, so it’s not all fun and sunshine! I was happy we could bring PPIC-Work and Guiding together for an event, and was happy to meet with some of our working children’s group and local members of the Girl Guides of Egypt. We learned about the Egyptian Guiding program, played games, pitched a tent, sang songs and took an afternoon boat ride on the Nile. I learned my Arabic has a looonng way to go before I can speak conversationally, but had a great time hanging out with the children and being out of the office.

Some camp pics:
Norhan hammers in the first post.
A group shot.
Chatting inside the tent.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home